Description for Dell PowerEdge R740 Rack 2U Chassis 8x 3.5″ Intel Xeon Silver 4114, 16GB (1*16GB) RDIMM, Dual Rank 1 x 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive,3.5in , 2GB NV Cache, Express 2U Rack |
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With up to three 300W accelerator cards or six 150W cards, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Private cloud
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors.2
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.3
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%4with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Dell PowerEdge R740 Rack 2U Chassis Up to 8x 3.5″ HDDs
Intel Xeon Silver 4114 (2.2GHz, 13.75MB Cache, 10Core/20 Threads) 85W
16GB (1*16GB) RDIMM, 2666T/s, Dual Rank
1 x 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive,3.5in HYB CARR
PERC H730 Integrated RAID Controller, 2GB NV Cache, Mini card
16X DVD+/-RW ROM Drive SATA
Single, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+0), 750W
Sliding Ready Rack Rails with Cable Management Arm
Broadcom 5720 Quad Port 1Gb Network Card
iDRAC9 Express Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller, Express
2U Rack – Ready Rails Sliding Rails W/out Cable Management Arm
Specifications for Dell PowerEdge R740 Rack 2U Chassis 8x 3.5″ Intel Xeon Silver 4114, 16GB (1*16GB) RDIMM, Dual Rank 1 x 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive,3.5in , 2GB NV Cache, Express 2U Rack |
- 26 May, 2019
- 31.00 Kg
- 44.00 cm x 49.00 cm x 9.00 cm